All over town!
Since its inception in 1999, the Week of the Family Committee has designated the Monday of the week as a time reserved for families to stay at home and do something specifically with their family. It is hoped that reserving a set time each week for family time will become habit-forming. To show their support, when the event is not on a holiday, San Carlos principals have historically declared Monday, as a “No Homework” night.
Family Activity Day is for everyone. You are encouraged to “adopt” friends and neighbors who would enjoy an evening of family activities.
Ideas for things to do as a family:
- Play board or card games
- Get out the family photo album
- Make up a play or story
- Make dinner—everyone contributes a dish
- Make a family calendar
- Read a book aloud (book lists are available at the library)
- Write letters to grandparents or other family members
- Draw or paint a picture
- Learn how to use a compass
- Pull out your old records, tapes, CDs, then listen to and discuss music
- Tell stories from your family history
- Go to the library
- Bake bread
- Start a family journal
Target Audience: All San Carlos Families